Vegetable soup slow cooker
- 1 whole Cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1/4 Japanese pumpkin cubed
- 4 large Carrots roughly chopped (i don't peel them)
- 4 Celery sticks roughly chopped
- 2 stems Lemon grass – white end only – sliced thin Mine were quite small. Perhaps just use one if larger.
- 3 Garlic cloves finely chopped/grated
- 1 knob Ginger finely chopped/grated about 2-3cm cubed
- 1 large Brown onion diced
- 4 cups Bone broth (or veggie broth) plus filtered
- Water to cover veg.
- 1 tsp Quality salt
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- Coriander to garnish
- pinch Chili flakes or fresh chili to taste (optional)
- 3-4 Organic chicken thighs – no need to chop (optional)
- As soup will be blended. (optional) add a dollop of coconut yogurt or cream to
- Fry off ginger, garlic, onion, lemon grass in oil until onion is translucent. Add to large cooking pot or pressure/slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients to pot and add enough water to only just cover veg.
- Pressure cook for 35mins or Simmer on stove top for a few hours or slow cook for 8hrs.
- Pour in to blender blitz until smooth. Serve and garnish with coriander.
Are you a busy Mum wanting to get more wholefoods in to your family and reduce their toxic load? Navigating this road or scrolling the internet for hours for healthy recipes can take its toll. Let me help you out in our low-cost, no lock-in contract affordable membership – The Wholefoods, Low-Tox Mums Membership. Interested? Read here for more info xx